Spar: Warehouse Traineeship Opportunities
Location: Phoenix, Durban South Africa
Closing Date: 08 February 2013
The purpose of this full-time programme is to obtain comprehensive Warehousing and Logistics knowledge and exposure in the food distribution environment, involving practical experience combined with formal studies and project work. The employment contract will last the duration of the programme. However, candidates who complete the programme and who show high potential will be allowed to pursue a career with us and be favourably viewed with respect to career opportunities in the SPAR Group.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Complete a Management Programme (During Year One)
- Complete a Logistics Management Programme (During Year Two)
- Gain detailed exposure to all SPAR Warehousing and Logistics processes through the completion of on-the-job training, acquiring in-depth knowledge and skills about the various areas.
- Complete a minimum of four projects related to SPAR Warehousing and Logistics.
- Stand in or act in the absence of Team Leaders when required.
- Assisting in any other general duties in the department.
- Matric Certificate (A Tertiary Qualification in Business / Supply Chain / Logistics would be advantageous).
- Previous exposure to logistics and/or warehousing and distribution will be advantageous.
- Computer Literacy competence (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-Mail).
- Potential to develop into a leadership role essential (this will be assessed). Track record in a leadership capacity essential.
- Good performance in the current job
- Good, numeracy, communication and listening skills (written and verbal).
- Flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile – mustn’t be afraid to get their “hands dirty”
- Time management skills and attention to detail.
- Goal orientated and self-driven to achieve results.
- Team Player – able to work with people and teams to achieve results.
- Good organizational skills with an ability to handle the pressure.
- Most importantly a willingness to learn.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- develop new initiatives and new ways of doing things
- effectively run and manage operations
- ensure that proper customer-related systems are in place
- manage team performance – ensuring that results are obtained
- understand general security and safety principles
- understand the distribution process
- anticipate developmental needs of staff
- liaise with suppliers
- make decisions regarding the physical distribution of products
- understand relevant legislation, e.g. Labour Relations and OHS Act
- client relationship management
- managing team performance – ensuring that results are obtained
- budgeting for departmental running expenses
- distribution and warehouse management
- the distribution of bulk goods to retailers
- the supply chain
How To Apply