Southern African Music Rights Organization (SAMRO) Bursary 2023 – 2024
SAMRO is an abbreviation for Southern African Music Rights Organization and is responsible for the supervision of its members performing rights. SAMRO’s Music Archive of over 100,000 music scores, became a resource for artists. SAMRO also funds and supports music and arts education through the SAMRO Foundation. SAMRO Foundation aims to maintain a growing and thriving arts environment by supporting composers, musicians and art institution in South Africa.
Every year, SAMRO Foundation invites applicants to award bursaries to music students worth R11 000. This Bursary covers tuition fees only and may only be used in the academic year they are granted. The foundation cannot support students from private higher education institutions such as City Varsity, COPA, AFDA and Academy for Sound Engineering, 1st-year university students, students in foundation or bridging programmes, students specialize in Musical Theatre or Music Therapy and students of Doctoral level.
Awarded bursaries will be paid directly to the successful candidate’s educational institution for the academic year. Bursaries cannot be transferred to other degrees/diplomas and are only restricted to degrees/diplomas specified in the applications.
SAMRO Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
The bursary is open to:
- Full-time students,
- Registered at a South African University
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th years, or honours and masters degrees
- South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho or Swaziland citizens
- Students with a degree or diploma majoring in music.
How to Apply and Application Details
- Fill up the latest application form at http://www.samrofoundation.org.za/samro-musicBursaries.php#
- Submit the completed application form with the following documents:
- Proof of Registration
- Examination results or most recent academic record (university transcript)
- 2 Letters of reference (not older than 3 months) following this guideline: http://www.samrofoundation.org.za/perch/resources/reference-letter-general-guidelines.pdf
- Masters applicants: a 5 – 8 page synopsis of your thesis/dissertation
31 March annually
Address: SAMRO Place 20 De Korte Street Braamfontein, Johannesburg 2017
Post: P O Box 31609, Braamfontein 2017
Telephone: +27 (0) 11 712 8417
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com