Richest Man In Abia State
Senator Orji Uzor Kalu is the Richest Man In Abia State. He is also listed among the richest Igbo men in Nigeria according to Forbes.
Below are some facts about Abia state wealthy business tycoon you need to know
- He is the current chairman, SLOK Group of Companies, a known west African conglomerate that has interests in various sectors of the economy such as shipping, banking, oil trading, manufacturing and the media.
- Orji Uzor Kalu is the owner of The Sun Newspaper and New Telegraph newspapers in Nigeria.
- He is a member of the All Progressive Congress (APC)
- He is the richest Igbo man in Nigeria and in Africa at the moment.
- Orji Uzor Kalu Net Worth is estimated to be at $1 billion currently.
- He was once the governor of Abia state and also a senator serving two terms.
- He vied for Nigeria’s presidency under PPA in the April 2007 general election, but he lost.
- He started business at the age of 19.
- He became a millionaire at the age of 20.
- He became richer in the 80s when he was awarded a contract to supply the Nigerian military weapons and ammunition.
- He is a Christian by religion.
- His wife name is Ifeoma Orji Uzor Kalu.
Although there are other rich men in Abia state like Theodore Orji, Kalu still stands as the richest man in Abia state this 2017/18 who got his wealth form diversification.