Officer DREAMS MER/Data Coordinator South Africa
Officer: DREAMS MER/Data Coordinator (Free State), South Africa
Officer DREAMS MER/Data Coordinator South Africa
- Organization: FHI 360
- Country: South Africa
- City: Pretoria
- Office: FHI 360 Pretoria
- Follow @UNjobs
Locations : South Africa (Any)
Time type : Full time
Job requisition id : Requisition – 2021202051
- Establish and maintain working and collaborative relationships with District Coordinators and other implementing staff, with implementation of data collection and reporting as the focus.
- Contribute to updating and maintenance of the DREAMS M&E plan, M&E Job Aids, and Data Management & Data Validation SOPs and ensure compliance
- Develop and standardize data collection tools at all DREAMS implementation levels based on core, customized as well as cross cutting indicators relating to the OVCY/DREAMS overlap/cohort and factor in all required data elements including
- Liaise with the data analyst officer to ensure that data analytics and slides are produced for effective communication and dissemination of results to all stake holders including USAID – contribute to information usage for program management, decision making and for data review meetings.
- Implement referral protocols and ensure operationalization of b-bidirectional referrals and collection of referrals and linkages data.
- Prepare accurate and timely routine data reports on the project.
- Systematize data repository systems and ensure safe data storage (electronic data) on central project databases on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Conduct data validation processes and work closely with technical teams to identify problematic areas and make appropriate recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Monitor and track progress against targets and baselines and ensuring compliance with the requirements of the reporting systems as per USAID/PEPFAR formats.
- Prepare quantitative data and write narrative reports as required.
- Ensure timely reporting of core, custom indicators, and cross cutting indicators on a monthly basis through an online Google sheet.
- Work closely with the data analyst to design and update Performance dashboards on a monthly and quarterly basis to measure partner specific performance. cwYCKDg Dmluar
- Provide monitoring and evaluation capacity building and train District level and implementing level staff on indicators, data collection tools and processes and reporting
- age/sex disaggregation as per donor reporting requirements.
- Bachelors’ degree or Diploma in any healthcare, Social Science, Research, or related field.
- 3 years professional and or analytical work experience in monitoring and evaluation preferred.
- Experience in setting up M&E system, developing M&E database and data collection & reporting tools, and data quality
- Attention to detail and methodical approach to all M&E tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Creative, analytic, and innovative thinking.
- Understanding of healthcare systems in resource-limited settings, knowledge of HIV/AIDS/TB treatment preferred.
- Ability to adhere to strict M&E reporting deadlines for both internal and external bodies assurance for NGOs or relevant organizations.
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through training and mentoring and communicate technical issues effectively
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of the MS Office package especially MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Access etc. Advantage DREAMS project implementation experience is an advantage. Travel
- up to 60 -70% Time
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.