Northam Booysendal Platinum Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NORTHAM
Northam Platinum Limited is a JSE-listed company and independent integrated platinum group metal (PGM) producer, headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa. The company has 2 main mines in South Africa – Zondereinde mine in Limpopo and Booysendal mine in Mpumalanga. The company also operates metallurgical operations at the Zondereinde mine, which include a smelter and base metals removal plant.
Booysendal Platinum, a subsidiary of Northam Platinum Limited, is located near the towns of Mashishing; Roossenekal and Steelpoort and is bordered by 2 provinces – Mpumalanga and Limpopo.
ABOUT THE NORTHAM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Northam is inviting students to apply for a bursary programme at their Booysendal Platinum Mine. Bursaries will be awarded to students who have completed Matric and are pursuing (or aim to pursue) studies in these fields:
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (4 bursaries)
- Geology (1 bursary)
- Human Resources (1 bursary)
- Metallurgical Engineering (1 bursary)
- Mining Engineering (4 bursaries)
- Mining Survey (1 bursary)
- Rock Engineering (1 bursary)
MORE ABOUT THE NORTHAM BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to work full-time for the company – the employment duration will be equal to a number of years of funding received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 3 weeks of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NORTHAM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have passed Mathematics in Matric
- You must have passed Science in Matric
- You must be studying OR intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the aforementioned fields
- You must be studying OR intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- You must have passed all 1st-year subjects, if currently in your 2nd or later year of study
- Preference will be given to students residing within the local community (Mashishing, Roossenekal and Steelpoort)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NORTHAM BURSARY
Students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on institutions letterhead)
- Full and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (with a community stamp)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: HRApplicationsBD@norplats.co.za
(Insert the words “BURSARIES (REF: BDHR12/21)” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NORTHAM BURSARY
14 May 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE NORTHAM BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Northam directly: