Lushomo Communications project manager Vacancy In South Africa
Lushomo Communications project manager Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
Lushomo helps partner organisations do good by communicating complex information effectively. We work mainly with United Nations clients and other international organisations in the areas of health, environment, education and economic development. We are mission driven and only take on work that has a positive social impact. Lushomo is growing steadily, and together we are becoming leaders in information design and research communication.
We are looking for an addition to our account management team. We are open to senior or junior applicants and will adjust pay levels and responsibilities accordingly.
The right person will have a blend of creativity and technical know-how, be organised, quick to learn and work well under pressure within a small team.
Here’s what you would get out of it:
- Experience working with international organisations. The majority of our clients are from major intergovernmental agencies including the UN and OECD
- Be part of a friendly and supportive team
- Freedom to work from anywhere
- Learn the latest information design approaches from an experienced team
- Experience design thinking and human centred design in action
- Become part of a small, successful team, growing year on year
- An ideal base from which to move into a range of sectors, including UN, corporate or research – anywhere where making complex information more accessible is prized
- Work with leading researchers on issues relating to health, environment and broader international development
- Have dedicated time each week for learning and career development
This position will involve digesting and summarising technical content, helping to generate creative and effective solutions, communicating our ideas to designers and developers, and steering projects through to completion. A large component of the work is conceptualising visual products, such as data visualisations, infographics, animations etc. It is important that you have an interest in design and will enjoy developing comms products in an iterative, unpredictable process. You should also be willing to help out generally wherever needed; we’re a small team so we all wear multiple hats.
We often work under pressure to meet tough deadlines and within tight budgets but the work is varied and each day is different. We are always pushing the boundaries to learn new technical skills (such as interactive data design, UX/UI, augmented reality etc.) and keep our products fresh and relevant in a fast-changing communications landscape. Visit our website, Lushomo.net for lots of examples of the type of work we do.
The applicant must:
- Have a Master’s degree in public health, development, communications or another relevant research field.
- Be an adaptable team player and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
- Be able to simply and effectively communicate data and concepts.
- Have a good understanding of numbers, graphs and statistics.
- Be creative, with an interest in design.
- Have excellent writing and communication abilities in English.
- Have an eye for detail and excellent coordination and organisational skills.
- For junior-level candidates, you will have fulfilled the criteria above and be willing to get stuck in in a fast-paced, challenging environment to learn as quickly as possible how to successfully manage projects and accounts.
- For more senior candidates, we will be expecting experience successfully managing projects from start to finish in a field/industry related to our work. We are also interested in speaking to those with experience in management roles with a solid track record of successfully managing complex communications projects.
- Previous experience working in visual design, media or another communications-related field.
- Knowledge of Adobe suite, GIS, Tableau, PowerBI or other design or data visualisation software.
- Exposure to any of a wide array of technical skills: data analysis, coding/development (front- or back-end), graphic design, video production, photography, etc.
- Language skills, particularly in any of the 5 UN languages other than English.
We are ideally looking to fill a full-time, permanent position, but we’re willing to discuss other arrangements with the right candidate.
If you’re interested in joining the team please submit your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Teaching Vacancies In South Africa