Joe Morolong Assmang Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ASSMANG BLACK ROCK MINE & JOE MOROLONG LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Joe Morolong Assmang Bursary South Africa | Joe Morolong Local Municipality is an administrative area in the John Taolo Gaetsewe District, located within the Northern Cape province of South Africa. Previously known as the Moshaweng Local Municipality, Category B municipality’s main economic sectors include Agriculture, Mining and Community Services.
Assmang Black Rock Mine is located in the Kalahari Manganese Field, in Hotazel within the Northern Cape province of South Africa. The mining operation is one of South Africa’s largest manganese reserves, containing around 80% of the globally known high-grade Manganese resource.
ABOUT THE JOE MOROLONG ASSMANG BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Joe Morolong Local Municipality, partnered with Assmang Black Rock Mine Operations, is inviting students residing within the municipal area, to apply for their bursary programme for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for full-time studies, within these fields:
- Agricultural Science
- Information Technology
- MBCHB/ Medical Doctor
- Social Science
- Town and Regional Planning
MORE ABOUT THE JOE MOROLONG ASSMANG BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Bursary recipients will be selected based on the following:
- Matric academic achievements received, related to your field of study
- Proof of acceptance at a University, University of Technology or College, for 2022
- Existing students must have been promoted to the next year of study
- Preference will be given to candidates from designated groups
- Candidates who meet the means test requirements will be considered
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive feedback within 1 week of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOE MOROLONG ASSMANG BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old
- You must reside within the Joe Morolong Local Municipality, in the Northern Cape province
- You must have completed Matric or you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, within one of the fields listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited University, University of Technology or College in South Africa
- You must meet the minimum admission requirements of your selected institution, for your selected qualification
- You must be in financial need and from a historically disadvantaged background
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding or student loan
- You must NOT be an employee of Assmang or the Joe Morolong Local Municipality
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE JOE MOROLONG ASSMANG BURSARY
Download and complete the Joe Morolong Assmang Bursary Application 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric results (certified copy)
- Parents or guardian proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit from SAPS if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable) (certified copies)
- Full academic record, including most results/ transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional acceptance at a tertiary institution for 2022 (certified copy)
- Proof of residence (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted to the Municipal Manager in one of the following ways:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Mr T. Tlhoaele
Joe Morolong Local Municipality
Private Bag x117
Note: applications received via fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE JOE MOROLONG ASSMANG BURSARY
3 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Joe Morolong Local Municipality directly:
Human Resources Manager
Tel: 053 773 9300
Mobile: 082 820 1559