Hungry Lion Learnerships 2023
Hungry Lion Learnerships 2023/ Are you new to the working world? Do you think you can make it in the food service industry? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Hungry Lion is now accepting applications for its learnership program.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to get a start in the working world and also gain some valuable work experience at the same time.
If you want to join, then you need to apply right now.
We’ve provided a breakdown of how this learnership program works and what it will need from you during the application process works.
This learnership will not be accepting applications after 31 December 2022. Please make sure that your application and all supporting documents are submitted before this date.
This internship will be held in Cape Town, Western Cape.
What is Hungry Lion?
Hungry Lion is one of South Africa’s most well-known fast-food franchises.
Hungry Lion’s concept seeks to deliver MORE, whether it be with their consumers, the flavor they provide, or their value.
Hungry Lion has over 200 restaurants in several African countries and promises to serve high-quality, cheap meals.
Hungry Lion also ensures that all of its staff are dedicated, creative, professional, and enthusiastic.
What is This Learnership Program?
Unemployed applicants in Cape Town and the surrounding areas can apply for a learnership with Hungry Lion.
This program is tailored to the fast-food sector, integrating components of service, food and beverage preparation, health and safety, supervision, customer care, storage, and stock management, as well as elements of hospitality sub-fields.
The initiative will be in effect for a year. The program’s goal is to provide students with the skills and work experience required to achieve an occupational certification (NQF-3 in Fast Food Services.)
Following the end of the program, the candidates will be offered potential employment at Hungry Lion.
The following are the program’s key performance areas:
- Ensuring that you give great customer service.
- Making certain that all food orders are placed and transactions are completed.
- Taking all meal orders from customers.
- Sell any promotional items or campaigns.
- Ensure that the float is tallied each day before a shift, that the amount is recorded in the book, and that the float is stored in the specified safe.
- Working the till/ P.O.S
- Ensuring all equipment is switched on and ensuring that it is working properly.
- Making certain that all chicken is washed and cooked.
- Managing the breading of chicken.
- Providing aid with preparing food in the morning.
- Operating the cooking equipment manually and according to the specific protocols.
- Making certain that all cooked chicken is handled properly.
- Meal preparation for customers.
- Ensuring all equipment is switched on and working correctly.
- All product is packed in compliance with Hungry Lion’s requirements.
- Ensuring that the store and its equipment are maintained and kept clean on a daily basis.
- Making certain that the cooler is clean.
- Making certain that the oil from the cooker is purified on a daily basis.
- Correct garbage disposal in authorized places and bins.
- Cleaning all staff restrooms.
- Transporting papers to the Host Branch on occasion.
- Assisting with promotional material display and ensuring that all promotional pamphlets are handled correctly.
- Ensuring that all directions given to you by management are followed.
Please make sure you meet ALL of the following minimum entrance requirements before submitting your application because if you don’t, your application will be rejected:
- Must have completed Matric
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Must live in Cape Town
- Must be unemployed
- Must not be enrolled in any other learnership programs.
- Must be able to commit to the entire duration of the program
- Must be fluent in English (oral and written)
How To Apply
Applications are quite simple. All you need to do is fill in the following online application form, which you can find here.
Make sure to attach the following support documents to your application:
- A letter of motivation
- A certified copy of your high school diploma
- A certified copy of your identification
- A current Curriculum Vitae
If you have any questions or concerns related to this learnership program, then you can contact Hungry Lion directly through the following means:
Telephone number: 010 140 3099
Email address: email@example.com
Listed below are different sectors of the Government in South Africa that are offering Learnerships. These government Learnerships are very popular among the SA public. We are working on extending the list as there are many departments offering Learnerships.