Fashion Internships in South Africa 2023 – 2024
Fashion Internships in South Africa
Fashion Internships in South Africa; If you love being creative, fashion, modern trends and all that goes with it, fashion internships may help you with the perfect career path for you. Career options include editor, writer, photographer, marketing, sales and a multitude of other fields. Fashion includes many industries such as clothing, magazines, footwear, furniture, make-up, accessories and beauty products. It is a world of trends, models, starts, technology, and ventures into the past and future.
This field takes an in-depth look at the wants and needs of people from all walks of life. It is a hands-on industry that explores services and products, brands, marketing, design, events and so much more. Fashion does not only include the social aspects of life but also business, sport, and entertainment and pertains to all ages, genders, and cultures.
Fashion Internships Available
Fields offered in this line can vary and the companies offering these internships as well. Here is a list of some of the fields you can enter in the fashion world.
Fields to consider in fashion design:
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Editor
- Fashion Writer
- Personal Shopper
- Brand Manager
- International Trader
- Fashion Business Manager
- Make-up Artist
Companies offering Fashion Internships
Fashion Internships Requirements
If you apply for any of the above career fields or companies, you must be sure to meet all stipulations to be eligible for an internship. Most internships are only offered to South African citizens between the ages of 18 and 35.
Stipulations you must meet:
- You must have a valid ID card/book/document
- You must have a Grade 12 certification
- Candidates must hold a degree or diploma in their field/field of application
- You must not be working or part of another internship as you need to be available full-time
- You must have good computer skills
- Candidates must have exceptional communication skills in English (read, write & speak)
- You must be able to work under stress
- You must be detail orientated
- Candidates must work well in a team and individually
- You must be creative and able to meet deadlines
Applicants should also submit a Curriculum Vitae, motivational letter and recommendation letters with the application. Internships in this field may require you to have transport, a laptop, and/or a smartphone but it will depend on the position. Many of the internships in this industry are only for 3 to 6 months, yet, some companies may offer longer internships. Applicants who are successful will be placed on a shortlist and invited to attend an interview.
READ ALSO: Latest Learnerships in South Africa