Ernst & Young (EY) Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – EY
EY (previously known as Ernst & Young, until it underwent re-branding in 2013) was founded in 1989 when a merger occurred between two companies, namely Ernst & Whinney and Arthur Young & Co. Although the firm’s history dates back all the way to 1849 when Harding & Pullein was founded. Today, EY is one of the biggest multinational professional services firms across the globe, as well as one of the “Big Four” accounting firms.
The company provides the following services to companies: tax, advisory, assurance (including financial audit) and consulting services.
Headquartered in London, EY currently employs over 230 000 staff members, in its 700 offices in 150 countries.
EY’s services cover many industries, including Oil & Gas; Mining & Metals; Power & Utilities; Automotive & Transportation; Consumer Products & Retail; Government & Public Sector; Financial Services; Private Equity; Real Estate, Hospitality & Construction; Media & Entertainment; Telecommunications; Technology; Life Sciences and Health.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
EY bursaries will be awarded to students who are studying (or intend on studying) towards a Chartered Accountant (SA) qualification – BAcc/ BCom Accounting/ Business Science/ CTA/ HNS or similar. Applicants from Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban and Bloemfontein may apply to receive funding.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside in one of the following cities: Cape Town/ Johannesburg/ Pretoria/ Durban/ Bloemfontein
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or plan on studying towards one of the aforementioned Chartered Accountant (SA) qualifications
- Current Matric students: must have achieved a minimum “C” symbol in June exams for Mathematics
- Current Tertiary students: must have achieved a minimum of 60% at the end of year or June exams for each subject, and must be studying at a SAICA accredited institution
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at https://eygbl.referrals.selectminds.com/student-opportunities
You can find the latest bursary opportunity by inserting the word “bursary” in the keyword search bar.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Current Matric students: Matric latest results and Grade 11 final results
- Students who have completed Matric but not yet at tertiary level: Matric certificate
- Current Tertiary: Matric certificate and latest tertiary academic record
- Curriculum Vitae
15 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Ernst & Young directly:
Tel: 021 443 0292 or 011 772 3000
COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION & BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA & UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES