Element Six Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ELEMENT SIX
Element Six (E6), founded in 1946, is a majority shareholder and member of the De Beers Group of Companies. The company is separated into 2 main commercial divisions (Abrasives and Technologies) and is a global leader in the design and production of synthetic diamond supermaterials.
The following industries make use of Element Six’s Supermaterials: Environment & recycling; Construction & stone; Road maintenance & road planning; Power & utilities; Mining & tunneling; Oil & gas; Iron & steel; Lasers & optics; Electronics; Automotive; Aerospace; Defence; Consumer goods; Healthcare.
The company is headquartered in London, United Kingdom and operates globally, with manufacturing facilities located in South Africa, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany and China. E6 currently employs almost 2000 staff members in its 11+ sites across the globe.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Each year, E6 awards bursaries to students in the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Metallurgical Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Electronic Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Physics (BSc)
- Finance (BCom)
If you have not heard back from E6 within 2 weeks of the bursary application deadline, please accept that your application has not been successful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Currently studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Currently studying at a University in South Africa
- Have a strong academic record
- Interested in pursuing a career within the Engineering/ Science/ Commerce sector
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at http://www.e6.com/en/Home/About+us/Careers/Current+Vacancies/
Select the words “Bursary Opportunities” and thereafter, the orange “Apply” button at the bottom of the screen.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record to date (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a South African University
- Proof of acceptance to study
- Full Curriculum Vitae
31 August 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Element Six directly:
Tel: 011 812 9000
Email: Nokuthula.Shabalala@e6.com / firstname.lastname@example.org