E3 Creative Innovator Vacancy In South Africa
E3 Creative Innovator Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
In 2012 the Community and Individual Development Association was invited to chair a Task Team of the Human Resource Development Council named Enabling Entrepreneurship Technical Task Team (EETTT). This team performed 5-years of research, culminating in a recommendation to the government, adopted as a sector plan for entrepreneurship. E³ is now a programme of the DBE that promotes student-centred learning, including projects and games according to National Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statements to prepare learners for the modern economy better. The goal of E³ is to inspire 100% of learners to complete school and 100% of these learners to study further, get a job, or start their enterprises.
Based remotely, E³ seeks to fill the exciting role of:
Creative Innovator, Training Development
The purpose of this role in the Research, Innovation and Development workstream (RID) is to design and develop various teacher training development courses for different stakeholders such as designing and or overseeing:
- University level pre-service teacher training courses.
- University level short learning programmes for in-service teacher training.
- In-service teacher training courses for the E³ learning platform.
- Ad-hoc training resources as directed by the Implementation team.
These materials will ultimately advocate for, inform, and activate the E³ learning approach in the whole SA public school sector.
Key responsibilities for this exciting position include:
- Create and implement a Teacher Development Strategy that allows for growth, scale, and innovation in teacher development.
- Liaise with universities to share E³ teaching for learning approach and ensure the content created by universities contains the key elements of our teaching for learning approach.
- Create content for some university units, short learning programmes and workshops, in line with the E³ Teaching-for-learning approach.
- Liaise with the Partnerships workstream and keep them updated with all developments relating to working with HEIs.
- Develop a series of teacher training courses delivered online to develop teachers mastery and confidence of Playful Project-based Learning.
- Develop master training materials to train E³ staff, coaches, and DBE staff in our Teaching-for-Learning approach.
- Input into fundraising proposals and reports.
- Provide support to the Research, Innovations and Development Lead as and when needed.
Key implementation activities include:
- Developing teacher training resources.
- Monitoring the impact and efficacy of training resources and iterating and applying learning.
- Engaging with the implementation team to determine training needs for E³ staff as well as teachers.
- Engaging with HEIs on the development of teacher training resources.
The Creative Innovator, Training Development must possess and be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Experience developing innovative and engaging teacher training resources
- Experience of Learning-through-Play
- Experience of Project-based Learning
- Knowledge of the South African education sector and its ecosystem
- Experience working with HEIs
- Experience with education technology and learning platforms
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to write for different audiences
Key attributes and Competencies:
- Creative thinker and problem-solver.
- Innovative in training development
- Collaborative team player.
Please note that this position is a fixed one-year contract. This role is in part made possible through a grant by the LEGO Foundation as part of their investments in Learning through Play Initiatives in South Africa.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 12th November 2021 to email@example.com