Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi South32 Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SOUTH 32
Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi South32 Bursary South Africa; South32, founded in 2015, is a global mining and metals company who mine and produce materials such as silver; nickel; zinc; manganese; bauxite; aluminium; alumina; lead; metallurgical coal; thermal coal and coking coal. The company operates across South Africa, Mozambique, Australia and Colombia, and is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
The commodities mined and produced by South32 are found in almost every aspect of our lives – from skyscrapers, roads, bridges and hospitals, to fueling our cars, packaging our foods and powering our homes.
The late Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi was the companies Non-executive Director before his death in January 2020 – the South32 bursary has been renamed in honour of him.
ABOUT THE DR XOLANI MKHWANAZI SOUTH32 BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
South32 is inviting students residing within the King Cetshwayo District area, to apply for the Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi Bursary, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to deserving students, for Undergraduate degree or diploma studies within the following fields:
- Architecture, Built Environment and Engineering (ALL disciplines)
- Commerce, Law and Management (Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Science, Law)
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Health Science (Medicine, Nursing, etc)
- Humanities (Arts, Social Science, Education, etc)
- Science (Mathematical Science, Physical Science, Earth Science, Actuarial Science and Biological Science)
- *other disciplines may also be considered
ABOUT THE DR XOLANI MKHWANAZI SOUTH32 BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Candidates will be selected based on 2 main factors: academic excellence and financial need.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview and assessment. If you do not receive any feedback by 30 November 2021 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time, and are renewable based on academic performance and conduct.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DR XOLANI MKHWANAZI SOUTH32 BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the King Cetshwayo District, in KwaZulu-Natal province
- You must be under 21 years old
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (undergraduate degree or diploma)
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DR XOLANI MKHWANAZI SOUTH32 BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi South32 Bursary Application
You will need to Register before you can Login and apply.
You will be required to fill in this code when applying: Hillside22
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance into a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence within the King Cetshwayo District
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SOUTH32 BURSARY
30 September 2021 (at 24h00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise directly:
Tel: 0860 100 7787 / 011 258 4464
Or complete the contact form for Career Wise to get back to you: https://careerwise.co.za/contact-us/
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND