Common Good Community Relations Officer Vacancy In South Africa
Common Good Community Relations Officer Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
We are looking for a dynamic individual with excellent relationship building skills to fill the role of Community Relations Officer. The ideal candidate will build and maintain relationships with community mobilisers and key church stakeholders and support and coordinate the activities of those external appointed community mobilisers by ensuring that the Sikunye Church network grows; and contributing towards execution of the programme’s overall strategic objectives. If you are someone who is keen to support us to inspire, mobilise, and equip the church to support parents, caregivers and families to provide nurturing care for their children in the First Thousand Days of life, so that they can thrive and reach their God -given potential, then this opportunity may be for you!
We are Christ-followers who are passionate about the church playing a significant role in the First Thousand Days (FTD) of a child’s life. Our vision is for a society in which families across South Africa are strengthened and supported to provide their children with a strong start in life.
The successful individual will be responsible for the following duties, which are not limited to:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Church Leaders and community mobilisers in various communities across South Africa
- Search for and build new relationships with communities and churches for the purpose of maintaining and growing the network
- Be the principal point person for Sikunye community mobilisers
- Act as the point of contact for key stakeholders of a range of churches that are in the Sikunye network
- Grow the range of churches that are part of Sikunye, including supporting community mobilisers in their work to see pastors attend Church & Early life webinars; and encourage churches to activate.
- Engage with church leaders at various phases of the programme offering, by identifying their current stage and encourage action for necessary next steps
- Be responsible for recruiting, onboarding, and training community mobilisers on the Sikunye content and material
- Ensure that community mobilisers are meeting agreed targets
- Administer and coordinate all support activities for community mobilisers, such as creating invoices, reviewing the attendance, printing necessary documentation as required etc.
- Ensuring that all partners are equipped and supplied with all necessary material and content.
- May be required to train / host webinars on existing Sikunye material (Zoom / Microsoft Teams)
- When and where necessary, present certain content in person
- Monthly reporting on all relevant activities within the network of churches so that management are equipped to make informed decisions.
- form other related duties as required
- Completed matric /Grade 12
- Experience working within a similar capacity
- Actively part of a church congregation
- Community savvy and fluent in English and additional African languages, including isiZulu or isiXhosa
- Willingness to travel to remote places, own vehicle will be highly beneficial
- Willingness to actively contribute to the values and ethos of Common Good is essential.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent Networking skills – Experience in establishing partnerships is essential
- Intermediate computer skills especially in Microsoft Office
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management & organisational skills
Competencies and abilities:
- Excellent at developing and maintaining relationships strategically
- A skilled communicator with excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals & teams essential
- Ability to facilitate communication, coordinate, plan, and report
- Highly proactive with good self-leadership
- Resilient and open to working with various personalities
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work with the ability to take ownership of projects
- Adaptable to new projects and requirements
To apply, please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to email@example.com by 30 November 2021
REF: Indicate the job title in the subject line
NOTE: An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within 3 weeks of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful. We reserve the right not to fill the position.