Cipla Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CIPLA
Cipla Medpro South Africa (Pty) Limited is one of South Africa’s largest pharmaceutical manufacturers, producing world-class medicines at affordable prices for the public and private sectors.
Owned by Cipla India, Cipla Medpro is a global pharmaceutical company which uses cutting edgetechnology and innovation for the past 80 years, to meet the everyday needs of all patients.
They were the first company in Africa to launch a triple combination ARV medication, this was globally recognized, and they have managed to treat millions of patients since 2001. Cipla Medpro provides patients with a range of over the counter (OTC) and scheduled prescription medication for a range of illnesses and diseases.
ABOUT THE CIPLA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Cipla is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be available for studies within these fields:
- Computer Science and Information Science
- Digital Marketing and Communications
- Economic Management Sciences: Accounting, Business Studies and Finance
- Graphic Design
- Health Science
- Human Sciences, Industrial Psychology and Human Resources
- Manufacturing: Demand Planning, Logistics, Production and Warehousing
- Natural Science
- Social Science
- Supply Chain
MORE ABOUT THE CIPLA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, meals, accommodation, books and laptop (to a maximum value of R8 000).
Bursary recipients will receive 1 laptop for the entire duration of their studies – the institution purchases the laptop on behalf of the student, and the laptop will then belong to the student (all expenses such as maintenance, repairs, insurance and software updates will be for the student’s own account).
Bursary recipients will also receive the following benefits:
- access to ICAS – the employee wellness program, which has a range of free counselling and wellness-related services
- opportunity to apply for the Cipla Graduate Skills Program
- psychometric assessment feedback
- vacation work
- access to Cipla Subject-Matter Experts (SME)
MORE ABOUT THE CIPLA BURSARY PROGRAMME – RENEWAL & SELECTION
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time – funding is renewable each year, dependent on students fulfilling the following:
- Maintain a minimum overall average of 70% each year.
- Communicate with Cipla regarding any information which directly or indirectly impacts the bursary agreement.
- Declare any other sources of funding received and other related contractual obligations.
- Communicate each quarter about any changes to: subject, field of study, postal address, physical address, contact detail, mid-year and final-year exam results, studying status etc.
- Partake in vacation work.
- Attend continuous development virtual workshops.
- Apply to the CIPLA Graduate Program, after graduation.
Successful candidates will be contacted by no later than 30 March 2022 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CIPLA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 18 and 33 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must have completed your first year of study
- You must be starting your 2nd, 3rd, 4th or later year of study in 2022
- You must be studying at a recognized and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for your most recent year completed
- You must be able to maintain a minimum overall average of 70% each year
- You must be willing to partake in vacation work during holidays
- You must be willing to apply to the Cipla Graduate Skills Program after graduation
- You must be highly motivated
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CIPLA BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Cipla Bursary Application 2022
(Reference Number: 60771)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record/ transcripts (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Proof of registration (on institutions’ letterhead)
- List of funding required (recent statement/ invoice/ quote for expenses: tuition fees, books, accommodation, meals and laptop)
- Curriculum Vitae, including: ID number, race, gender, cellphone number, email address, physical address (1 page)
Note: documents must be submitted in PDF format, and must be named with your name, surname and document type (example: Joesph_Jacobs_ID_Document.pdf).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CIPLA BURSARY
25 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Cipla directly:
Contact page: https://www.cipla.co.za/contact
Read the Cipla bursary FAQ’s before submitting a query.