AMSOL Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AMSOL
African Marine Solutions (AMSOL), a market leader, is a specialist solutions provider and partner to clients operating within marine environments. The company launched in 2016 after the acquisition of the business of SMIT Amandla Marine, who was the market leader in specialist marine solutions provision within Southern Africa.
ABOUT THE AMSOL BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
AMSOL is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. The bursary is open to students pursuing studies in the following fields:
- Marine Engineering
- Maritime Studies
Find more Maritime (and related studies) bursaries here.
MORE ABOUT THE AMSOL BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for tuition fees (as a minimum), however the following expenses may also be covered: textbooks and accommodation in residence, depending on availability of funds and the students personal circumstances. Students will be required to pay for their own registration fees.
Once students have graduated, they may be required to take up employment with AMSOL – this will be at the discretion of the company and based on operational requirements.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 months after the bursary closes (i.e. by 20 November 2021) – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AMSOL BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric OR you must currently be in Matric
- You must achieve a minimum of 60% or Level 5 for English in Matric
- You must achieve a minimum of 60% or Level 5 for Mathematics in Matric
- You must achieve a minimum of 60% or Level 5 for Physics in Matric
- You must be studying within one of the aforementioned undergraduate or postgraduate fields of study, in 2022
- Postgraduate Oceanography and Climatology students: you must be enrolled for 2022 studies
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited University in 2022
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding for the 2022 academic year (i.e you must be un-bonded)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE AMSOL BURSARY
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria, may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final school report, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae, including contactable references
- Motivational letter to support your application
- Proof of registration at a recognised tertiary institution (on institutes letterhead): if a Postgraduate Oceanography or Climatology student
Note: there is no application form for this bursary – students need only submit the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “2022 Bursary Committee” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE AMSOL BURSARY
20 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact African Marine Solutions (AMSOL) directly:
Cape Town branch – Tel: 021 507 5777, Durban branch – Tel: 031 274 1100, Mossel Bay branch – Tel: 044 695 0390
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com