Amazon Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – AMAZON
Amazon Bursary South Africa | Amazon.com is an American multinational internet-based company focused on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. The online platform sells a range of goods, including books, music, movies, housewares, electronics, toys, and many other items. Amazon is one of the “Big Five: American information technology companies – the other four companies include Alphabet, Apple, Meta, and Microsoft.
What originally started as an online book-selling company, is now the biggest online retailer and a prominent cloud service provider in the world.
ABOUT THE AMAZON BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Amazon is inviting students to apply for the Amazon (Software Development Engineer) Recruitment Bursary, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these degree programmes (Undergraduate and Honours):
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Software Engineering
The Amazon SDE Recruitment Bursary was launched by Amazon Development Centre in 2018, with the aim of providing funding for students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, to further their studies.
Ngfinders.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Amazon Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE AMAZON BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES | SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, stationery, books, personal computer, accommodation in residence or private accommodation, transport and general living expenses.
Bursary recipients will also partake in a paid Amazon internship programme (during summer vacation), which will allow the company to assess students for potential full-time permanent employment in the role of Software Development Engineer (SDE), after graduation.
The internship will allow candidates to demonstrate their skills and add real value through the ownership and delivery of an impactful project that is essential to their customers. Interns will engage and learn from other Amazonians, as well as expand their network, and have access to training opportunities and social events for personal and professional development.
Bursary recipients may be required to work for Amazon after graduation (if a position is available), for the equal duration of funding received.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AMAZON BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a degree qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be entering your 3rd year, 4th year or Honours level of study in 2022
- You must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall of 65%
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
- You must be interested in software development engineering and in pursuing a career at Amazon
- You must be willing to join the Amazon internship programme, during the summer vacation
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE AMAZON BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Amazon Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or letter from employer if employed, latest financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed) (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians’ death certificates, if deceased (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians divorce certificate, if divorced (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians sworn statement, if separated (certified copy)
- Signed consent form (.docx)
- Profile picture
- Proof of address (certified copy)
- Essay (answering the following: description of your personal background and family circumstances, description of all your achievements and leadership positions, your personal strengths and weaknesses, how your chosen study programme relates to your talents; interests and envisaged career, your personal statement to headline your application profile)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE AMAZON BURSARY
15 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust (the administrators for this bursary) directly:
Tel: 011 403 1632
Mobile: 087 511 3373
Contact page: https://studytrust.org.za/contact-us/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.